Niagara Catholic Education Award of Distinction
In keeping with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Niagara Catholic District School Board, the Board believes in the importance of recognizing individuals and groups who have made/or continue to make outstanding contributions to Catholic Education in the Niagara Region. In honour of these contributions the Niagara Catholic District School Board has established an award known as the “Niagara Catholic Education Award of Distinction.”
Each year, the Niagara Catholic District School Board invites the community to nominate an individual or group for the Niagara Catholic Education Award of Distinction. This Award is presented annually during the Bishop’s Gala.
Nominations for the 2017 recipient(s) are now being accepted. The deadline for nomination is February 24, 2017. The 2017 Award of Distinction will be presented at the 14th Annual Bishop’s Gala on April 1, 2017.
For your information, nomination criteria is listed below:
Nominees must have:
- Made a notable, significant and positive contribution to Catholic Education in the Niagara Region over a sustained period of time;
- Demonstrated recognized leadership that has had an identifiable impact and has made a significant difference to the Catholic character of the Board;
- Promoted the qualities that distinguish our schools as Catholic schools and believed that education in the faith is possible in every aspect of school life;
- Strived to build community and the ideal of the Christian community among Catholic schools, the Niagara Catholic District School Board and the Diocese;
- Inspired students on their faith journey, which is our most sacred responsibility;
- Demonstrated tangible sacrifice for Catholic Education;
- Inspired Catholic Education in the Niagara Region
Please click here for a nomination form.
Nomination forms may also be picked up at the Catholic Education Centre.
Niagara Catholic Education Award of Distinction Recipients