After living in a temporary convent in Welland, a new site was chosen for a convent in 1959. It was adjacent to St. Alexander Elementary School in Fonthill and ready for occupancy in February 1960. Bishop Thomas McCarthy presided at the official blessing in June 1960. Over the years many sisters lived at the Fonthill convent and taught in the Niagara region.
Sr. Victorine Deley came to Canada in 1958. She began at St. Alexander, Fonthill and later served as principal at St. Andrew Elementary School from 1960-1984. After her retirement, she was pastoral assistant at St. Andrew parish until 2000.
Sr. Concepta Fudala came to Canada from Pittsburgh in 1965 to teach Grade 1 at St. Alexander. Since her retirement from teaching in 1984 she was pastoral assistant at St. Alexander parish until 2003.
Sr. Beatrice Brunner came to Canada in 1967 from Pennsylvania. She spent the next 24 years teaching at Notre Dame College School in Welland. Now she is the only Vincentian Sister still residing in the St. Catharines diocese. Her ministry includes working at St. Alexander parish as the pastoral assistant.