Niagara Catholic District School Board
EMPLOYEE LEAVES OF ABSENCE
|Adopted: January 27, 1998
Policy No. 201.1
STATEMENT OF POLICY
The Director of Education may grant Leaves of Absence to a member of staff for the following purposes:
- To take further educational studies on a full-time basis for a maximum period of one year, renewable at the discretion of the Director of Education.
- For illness not covered by a collective agreement.
- To hold public office as a Member of Parliament, Member of the Provincial Parliament, Member of Municipal Government or Mayor.
- To take on duties requested by Employee Unions, Teacher Federations or Professional Organizations which officially represent employees of this Board.
- To participate in an exchange program with the Ontario Ministry of Education or Department of National Defence.
- To serve in an administrative position to which a member of a religious community is appointed by the order.
- For personal or professional reasons which are deemed to be compelling and which are not of a re-occurring nature.
An information report on granted Leaves shall be submitted to the Board on a regular basis.
The Director of Education shall develop Administrative Guidelines to ensure the implementation of this policy.