Niagara Catholic District School Board
CORPORATE CARDS, PURCHASING CARDS AND PETTY CASH POLICY
|Adopted: March 27, 2007
Policy No. 600.4
STATEMENT OF POLICY
The Purchasing of Goods and Services Policy (#600.1) and the related Administrative Guidelines recognize that the purchase and payment of low value goods and services can be expedited through the use of Corporate Cards, Purchasing Cards and Petty Cash.
Accordingly, the Niagara Catholic District School Board authorizes the Director of Education to provide Corporate Cards, Purchasing Cards and Petty Cash to appropriate employees in order to achieve the following objectives:
- Reduce the cost of processing low value purchases
- Receive faster delivery of goods and services
- Simplify and expedite the payment process
All expenses paid by Corporate Card, Purchasing Card and Petty Cash shall be reviewed and approved by the appropriate supervisor, with the following exceptions:
- The expenses of the Director of Education shall be approved by the Chairperson of the Board.
- The expenses of the Chairperson shall be approved by the Superintendent of Business
- The expenses of the Trustees shall be approved by the Director of Education.
The Director of Education shall issue the Administrative Guidelines in support of this policy.