Niagara Catholic is excited to introduce the Transportation Technology Specialist High Skill Major Program to our students.
What Is Transportation Technology Specialist High Skills Major?
The Transportation SHSM program will provide students with a strong foundation for a wide variety of careers in the transportation sector, from focusing on the service, repair, and modifications of vehicles and vehicle systems to the organization and management of transportation services and mass-transit systems.
This program is designed to help students prepare for their postsecondary education in this sector, which is valued by the institutions in the college, workplace, apprenticeship or university areas.
Students will develop essential skills, work habits, and gain knowledge in many areas of this sector during the grade 11 portion of the SHSM. During the grade 12 section students will build upon their previous knowledge and skills developed in grade 11 in greater detail. A co-op component is included in the grade 11 or grade 12 year depending on the individual students needs. This will allow them to choose a specific area of interest in the transportation sector to build their skills.
Students will achieve sector recognized certifications and training courses to prepare them with specific skills that are required in the industry. Some of the certificates the student will achieve are Vehicle Lift Safety Training and Customer Service Excellence.
Where is Transportation SHSM Offered?
- Denis Morris Catholic High School (St.Catharines)
- Notre Dame College School (Welland, off campus site)
- Saint Michael Catholic High School (Niagara Falls)
Need more Information?
- Visit your guidance department
- Speak to the teacher in this area
- Career information go to Ontario Skills Passport
- Course Description & Credit Requirements
- Pathways Chart
- Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) Ministry Fact Sheet
- Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) Ministry Sector Specific Guide