Trustees Recognize Niagara Catholic’s 2018 Christmas Card Artists
During the December 18 Board Meeting, Niagara Catholic’s Board of Trustees recognized the student-artists who created the 2018 Board Christmas cards.
Students designed the 2018 Christmas cards in the fall. The 10 cards were then chosen by a selection committee.
Each student received a plaque-mounted copy of their design, and their families received a boxed set of the cards.
This year’s recipients were:
- Zia Amlani (Grade 8, Mary Ward Catholic Elementary School);
- Bridget Cahill (Grade 2, Canadian Martyrs Catholic Elementary School);
- Sofia Covelli/Melena Orsini (Grade 8, Loretto Catholic Elementary School);
- Ava Curvelo (Grade 11, Holy Cross Catholic Secondary School);
- Christian DiDomenico (Grade 11, Saint Paul Catholic High School);
- Kaitlyn Guitard (Grade 11, Saint Michael Catholic High School);
- Anesa Meraram (Grade 7, Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Elementary School);
- Dakota Webb (Grade 8, St. Andrew Catholic Elementary School) and
- Sabrina Zima (Grade 11, Blessed Trinity Catholic Secondary School)
School Excellence Program – St. Mary Catholic Elementary School
During the December 18 Board Meeting, the spotlight shone on St. Mary Catholic Elementary School. Principal Rosie Araujo was joined at the meeting by the school choir, which performed two Christmas songs. She then presented a short video which depicts life at the school.
2018 Director’s Annual Report
The 2018 Director’s Annual Report was presented to the Board during the December 18 Board Meeting. The report summarizes the year’s successes. Those interested in reviewing the report can find it here.
2019 Trustee Honorarium
Niagara Catholic has released the honoraria from the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board, and trustees from December 1, 2018 through November 30, 2019.
Chair of the Board Frank Fera will receive $16,673 for the one-year term. Vice-Chair Dino Sicoli will receive $13,636 and trustees will receive $10,599.
The honoraria are set in accordance with Ontario Regulation 357, which requires honoraria be based on enrollment for the year.
Keep up with Niagara Catholic
Have you checked our Good News page lately? If you’re not, you could be missing some great stories. Hop on over to see what’s new at Niagara Catholic.
To ensure you stay connected with Niagara Catholic news and events, please be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and check our website often for updates and breaking news. It’s the best way to follow our Wandering Wisemen and our Office Elf – and to stay in the know.